Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shocked to His Toes

I read this quote from Petrarch the other day: "He knows not what it is to burn/Who can his flame in words express." I feel the burn of the Giants losses! And so, I will not try and express the flame. I will use another quote, one from Vin Scully, longtime Dodgers announcer (the voice I grew up on and admit I listened to while watching part of the game tonight). He said it about Aaron Rowand, but it could be applied to almost any Giant and the team as a whole. After Rowand struck out (looking sadly dumbfounded as usual) Scully said, "he's starving to death at the plate." I know it's probably bad luck to listen to the other team's announcer and even worse to post a video of that team being triumphant. I'm a believer in baseball superstition but I remember watching this game below and how exciting it was and thought maybe everyone needs a little excitement, even if it's recycled.

1 comment: