Sunday, September 6, 2009

Waiting

I was going to write something about how people were wrong to disparage the Giants offense so much, about how I like that they have to work for every run, how they take turns producing, how that is somehow better than big, game winning home runs. But the loss today was too tough. I don't just mean the Prince Fielder home run. It seemed inevitable that Braun, Fielder or McGhee would hit one as the innings dragged on. And Fielder's routine with his teammates at home plate where they all fall on the ground when he gets there actually looks pretty neat. The toughness was more in Juan Uribe putting his bat under a bunt (and popping out, instead of getting the runner into scoring position), Bengie Molina only getting on base when he hits a rare home run, Garko and Ishikawa looking incapable of making contact, all the runners left on base. I miss Freddy Sanchez (I'm trying to work with things we have here, not perfect universe great hitters throughout the line-up). It would just be nice to have some consistency and situational hitting back. I read somewhere that he might be back tomorrow.

Until then:

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment